People come to therapy because the stories that are told about them do no match up with their preferred identities.Michael White, family therapist
It is a big decision to explore yourself and your life through therapy, yet it is also a big decision to leave things as they are! Sometimes we only act when things have got too bad and we are suffering too much. To achieve change, three things are needed:
You have to understand the issue; you have to stick at working on it, even when it is hard; and you have to take actions that ultimately honour your true self.
Typical problems people identify:
- Fears- about relationships, children, the future, illness, old age, infertility
- Stuck in cycles and repeating patterns in relationships with partner or family or work
- Overwhelmed by feelings- anxiety, sadness, shame, rage, numbness
- Difficult experiences- loss, betrayal, humiliation, abandonment, traumatic events
- Habits that won’t shift- over or under eating, self-harm, substance use, self neglect
I often suggest we work together for an agreed number of sessions, with regular reviews to consider whether more work is warranted and, if so, what the focus would be and what outcome is sought?
I am registered with the main private health insurance companies- BUPA, Aviva, Vitality, Cigna, Aetna and AXA PPP. Please let me know if you want to pay for sessions via your health insurer and I can give you full details.
Cost: £150 per session/ £250 per twice weekly sessions/ £50 concessionary rate
Adult therapy session
50 minute session in person, on the telephone, or online. Please contact me to arrange a concessionary rate.